Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Facing East Taiwanese in Bellevue

My friends keep on recommending this restaurant to me before.
They say it is one of the best Taiwanese restaurant in town. I imagined that the place will be like the usual Chinese restaurant in Chinatown (small and a little dirty)- or like Cafe Ori and Yea's Wok (normal Chinese dining places- white with decent tables and chairs without any interior designing) However, this Facing East restaurant is quite different. Though the place is small, it is nicely painted with somewhat earthy-toned bold colors and nice lighting that make the place a little romantic (- I say it is comparable with Tamarind Tree restaurant in Chinatown in terms of their ambience)

There is not a lot of choices in their menu either. I tried their pork burger, which I like, made of pork with basil, pickled lettuce, sweet and sour sauce, and brown sugar.

The other food that my friend recommended me was the spiced pork over rice. This is tasty, but not really that special, because I think you can get it somewhere else as tasty as this.

I also tried their five spiced chicken and It was OK. I prefer Chiang's Gourmet in Lake City's five star chicken. By the time I am almost full with all the food, I am ready to save room for their shaved ice. I read at Yelp's review that they have the beans shaved ice that's really good. I didn't see it on the menu, but I asked my server for it, and they have it. It is shaved ice with seven different beans combination together with grass jelly. It is really good!!! -The small bowl of the shaved ice is big enough for two or three people.
I will come back alone just for the shaved ice (and the pork burger probably, if im that hungry ;))

1 comment:

  1. hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete